Privacy Policy | Submit Quotation | Contact Us | About Us Kenneth Branagh Quotes |Quotewit | Free Quote Collection Website | Read, Submit and Share

Kenneth Branagh Quotes

www.Quotewit.blogspot.com

I think the best actors are the most generous, the kindest, the greatest people and at their worst they are vain, greedy and insecure.
Kenneth Branagh 



Actors are the best and the worst of people. They're like kids. When they're good, they're very very good. When they're bad they're very very naughty.
Kenneth Branagh 



Friendship is one of the most tangible things in a world which offers fewer and fewer supports.
Kenneth Branagh 



It's quite hard for people to just accept that they're very contradictory.
Kenneth Branagh  



We're self obsessed and mad and stupid - not that other people can't be the same way - but the extremes are kind of honest in some mad way. Anyway, I like them.
Kenneth Branagh 



My definition of success is control.
Kenneth Branagh 



The best actors, I think, have a childlike quality. They have a sort of an ability to lose themselves. There's still some silliness.
Kenneth Branagh 



There are some amazing stories from all over this country, where people's work and contribution has been acknowledged. To be part of that is an absolutely fantastic feeling.
Kenneth Branagh 



I certainly have been guilty of trying to sweep things under the carpet.
Kenneth Branagh 



I don't know that there is too far, actually. I think there's only too bad. If it's bad you've gone too far.
Kenneth Branagh  



I don't think Hamlet is mad, nor is he predisposed to be a gloomy or tragic figure.
Kenneth Branagh 



I'm basically quite a cheerful person.
Kenneth Branagh  



If it's good art, it's good.
Kenneth Branagh  



If you've done a brilliant version it becomes something else.
Kenneth Branagh  



In the hands of a great poet, words have ways of affecting us in ways we don't understand.
Kenneth Branagh 



It's very strange that the people you love are often the people you're most cruel to.
Kenneth Branagh 



One of the things that makes Hamlet unique among Shakespeare's characters is his courage to face up to the darker elements of his personality.
Kenneth Branagh 



So many plays with magic in them that would be a terrific invitation to an imaginative animation team.
Kenneth Branagh 



The elasticity of Shakespeare is extraordinary.
Kenneth Branagh 



The glory of 70mm is the sharpness of the image it offers.
Kenneth Branagh  



I did not make this a long film for its own sake. I wanted to make an entertaining film and offer it out there for those who want to see it. If word of mouth suggests there is an audience out there, hopefully their cinema will show it.
Kenneth Branagh 



I do think that, for instance, we've been very lucky to have theatrical careers and be associated with Shakespeare which sometimes gives you a kind of bogus kudos.
Kenneth Branagh 



I feel more Irish than English. I feel freer than British, more visceral, with a love of language. Shot through with fire in some way. That's why I resist being appropriated as the current repository of Shakespeare on the planet. That would mean I'm part of the English cultural elite, and I am utterly ill-fitted to be.
Kenneth Branagh 



I like to cast actors I admire, one's that are talented. Each one will bring something new to the part. This play has been done thousands of times and now certain characters are too familiar.
Kenneth Branagh 



I only really cast people who are desperate to be in it - who were dying to be in it, whose talent I believed in and were dead ready to do the work that was necessary.
Kenneth Branagh 

0 comments:

Copyright © 2014