Privacy Policy | Submit Quotation | Contact Us | About Us Envy Quotes |Quotewit | Free Quote Collection Website | Read, Submit and Share

Envy Quotes

www.Quotewit.blogspot.com


Envy's a coal comes hissing hot from Hell.
Philip James Bailey



There is not a passion so strongly rooted in the human heart as envy.
Richard Brinsley Sheridan



I honestly felt no envy or resentment, only astonishment at how much of a world there was out there and how much of it others already knew. The agenda for self-cultivation that had been set for my classmates by their teachers and parents was something I'd have to develop for myself.
Sonia Sotomayor



I envy people with dreams and passions, but I don't think that way. I still don't have a 'bliss' to follow. For people like me - I suspect that's most people - holding out for a 'dream' or a 'passion' is paralyzing. I just like having work I enjoy that feels meaningful. That's hard enough... but it's enough.
Jane Pauley



By common consent gray hairs are a crown of glory; the only object of respect that can never excite envy.
George Bancroft



I'm still not a great reader, but my wife is and my daughters are, and I envy them. I think I got into a bad habit of trying to do something all the time, instead of trying to sit down and take my time a little bit.
Mike Krzyzewski



Of the seven deadly sins, only envy is no fun at all.
Joseph Epstein



The building of America has had its fair share of mistakes, but it's a constitution that's the jewel of democracy, the envy of many, and it's the most generous nation in the world.
Gary Oldman



There are a lot of ways to make people not like you, but one of the most powerful - if least fair - is to be really, really successful. Nobody resents the guy who just lost his job. But the guy whose Internet start-up made him a billionaire at 25? That's a whole different kettle of envy.
Jeffrey Kluger



The praise of ancient authors proceeds not from the reverence of the dead, but from the competition and mutual envy of the living.
Thomas Hobbes



I'm not confident around compliments or being celebrated, and I'm not comfortable with the thought of envy, which some people thrive on.
Rachel Weisz



You can say I had a severe case of 'Roots' envy. I wanted to be like Alex Haley, and I wanted to be able to... do my family tree back to the slave ship and then reverse the Middle Passage, as I like to put it, and find the tribe or ethnic group that I was from in Africa.
Henry Louis Gates



I'm tired of liberals dividing this country up into little groups, setting them upon each other, breeding spite and envy, and then having the nerve to accuse conservatives of hatred.
Allen West



You campaigned against rich people and you got enough envy whipped up in the country and you're gonna get 'em. You're gonna stick it to those rich people. But guess what? You may not get anymore revenue. You may not get anymore economic growth. But you can say, 'I stuck it to the rich people.'
Rand Paul



Envy is human nature.
Monica Bellucci



We need criminals to identify ourselves with, to secretly envy and to stoutly punish. They do for us the forbidden, illegal things we wish to do.
Karl A. Menninger



Fools may our scorn, not envy, raise. For envy is a kind of praise.
John Gay



The United States of America became the envy of the world because we welcomed the best and brightest minds from anywhere on the planet and gave them the opportunity to succeed.
Naveen Jain

0 comments:

Copyright © 2014